Thumbs up or stars

DippNCope

Board Regular
Is there a way to be able to give someone a thumbs up or star, some kind of recognition that a reply was helpful and question was answered? I can put a thumbs up in my thank you post but I would like to see answer post get something.

We have discussed this a bunch of time, and for a myriad of reasons we don't do anything like this (you may be able to locate some of those old threads if you search the "About This Board" forum).

The best thing to do is simply reply back to the thread offering your thanks. As something who has been helping people on the board for years, I can tell you that it is much appreciated when people do this!:)

I recently started answering a few posts at Excel Forum and they have a Reputation system. I'm not exactly sure how it works but it does seem to be quite a nice idea. I think more esatblished members are able to dish out more points than newer ones but it gives a nice differentiation between those that ask a lot of questions and those who do the answering.

Dom

Judging by the poll on it at EF, 50% think it's useful and the rest think it should be got rid of or couldn't care less, so I'm not convinced it's worth the effort to implement. A simple 'thanks' here and there is fine by me! :)

While i agree and will always add a thank you post, I can still feel my mothers slap to back of head if I don't say thank you. Something to highlight a post or reply to signify something was very helpful or informative is a nice touch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back