Threads with replies that haven't been indexed

Jerry Sullivan

MrExcel MVP
Just reporting a pattern in case it helps with the site Admin....

There are several threads on the "Zero Reply Posts" list that actually had replies 18 hours ago.
They all seem to have been created/replied to within an hour of each other.

They list 0 replies in the search, and the thread headers say "Results 1 to 1 of 1" even though there are 2-3 posts.

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/702342-why-isnt-my-code-working.html
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/702369-sold-not-sold-find-%-sold.html
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...ific-columns-table-regarding-number-rows.html

They are not showing up for me. It might be a cookies issue on your computer.

Try logging out, deleting your cookies, cache, and temporary internet files, and then log back in.

Joe, I get the same result after clearing my computer. I also get the same result on my iPhone.

When you say that "They are not showing up for me", do you mean those threads are not listed when you click the "Zero Reply Posts" button, or do you mean you don't see any replies to those threads?

All 3 initial posts were at around 6:00 AM- 7:00 AM Pacific 13 May 2013.

I currently see the same symptom as Jerry for at least the first of the listed threads: still showing in 0-reply posts and "result 1 to 1 of 1" even though there is a reply.

Cindy, Thanks for confirming it isn't just me :p

Joe, I'm not expecting a resolution. I just wanted the Admins to be aware of it in case it helps solve any related problems while maintaining the website.

I think I misunderstood what you were saying. A lot of times, when posts first get replies, the threads still show up on that list. I think it is only refreshed every 10 minutes. I was looking for threads in that list that had replies. I see what you are talking about now.

We have been having some issues with a recent upgrade, and perhaps the index did not work properly at that time. I know the Admins are trying to get a few things sorted out. It is possible that another reply to one of those threads may clear it out of the Zero Reply Posts list. Feel free to reply back to any of those posts to see if that works.

If it just a handful from a few days ago, I don't think that they will be too concerned about that. If you see a continuing pattern of this happening, please let us know, as that indicates something still isn't quite right.

Thanks for letting us know, and sorry I originally misunderstood you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziMacca

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back