The week from hell EDIT TEST

Richard Schollar

MrExcel MVP
Having just lived thru possibly the worst working week of my life (well, in the present job anyhow), I am about to leave to go to a Christmas lunch with my team. I'd just like to wish anybody else who has recently been in a similar predicament a wonderful Christmas and may things improve in the new year...

:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Re: The week from hell

I would like to join Richard in wishing everyone a merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Next week is my last week in my current job so things have been hectic while I frantically train my two replacements. Neither are too hot on Excel so it’s been a real struggle.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
The New Year will bring a fresh start and a completely new career in the world of banking which I’m looking forward to so fingers crossed 2008 will be a good year!!
<o:p></o:p>
Cheers!!!
:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Not the best week either. Been off work due to a big absyss in my jaw which the antibiotics aren't touching so have got to hospital tomorrow and have them pumped in introvenously. Think I'd rather have been at work but it's a close one ;)

No booze over Xmas for me anyway :sad: but hopefully I'll be able to enjoy all the grub and celebrate new year properly.

Merry Christmas to everyone anyway:beerchug::beerchug:

Hey, guys, wishing you all the very best.

Another half hour & I'm out of this office; finishing today. Start at a new place in January - with an even more exorbitant rate! Unlimited work in Australia ATM. This week has been great. Summer here; doing a little running to keep fit, eating well, serviced the Ferrari two weeks ago and did a 500km drive after collecting it, two 1/2 weeks holiday about to start. Last couple of weeks have been quiet in the office, my work basically finished a couple of weeks ago. So have had a couple of weeks to 'sharpen the edge' with Mr Excel forum posts. Enjoying every day.

Season's greetings to all & your loved ones. Best regards, Fazza

Code:
SELECT health, happiness, fun, love
FROM tblLife
WHERE time=AnyTime

i had a crappy week also. My car broke down, got a terrible hair cut etc, still haven't finished christmas shopping and I have no car.

anyway,
I'm hopeing 2008 is a good year. 2007 while not the best, career wise it was a big leap forward. hopefully I continue the financial success but add Fun/Health to the mix. I can't think of anything exciting I did in 2007.. and I gained weight from sitting at the office all day long.

I've had a brilliant week :-D

I've been on leave for nearly 2 weeks and I have another 2 weeks remaining. :-D

Happy christmas and happy new year.:beerchug::beerchug:

What I've deduced from this thread so far is that in order to have a good time around Christmas, you need to have at least 4 weeks off work......or live in Australia!!

Hi Richard , John and fellow Excellers,

I to have had the week from Hell, it has just ended...............

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas & every success in 2008.

Russ At Index

Russ At Home

or just .........

Russ

Well, I've just had my best week at work for a long time :)

For the past 3½ months up until last Friday I've been filling in for somebody who left - plus trying to do my own job. This (amongst other things) entailed a 300-mile round trip to our South Wales office once a week and an 80-mile round trip to my office the other 4 days (a bind because I normally work from home 3 days a week).

A new guy started in South Wales on Monday and I was 'released' to concentrate on other things - especially new contracts that I helped to win. I've even managed to to a substantial amount of Excelling...

Oh, and the new guy e-mailed HR on Tuesday morning to tender his letter of resignation :eeek:

Happy Christmas all :beerchug:

Wow! I believe I have received Excellent assistance from everyone in this thread in some form! Thank you all!

Domski - sorry to read about the abyss. Hopefully you're back on track to ring in the new year.

QuietRiot - 2007 couldn't have been too bad for you! Sox/Pats/Celtics!! :eeek: Amazing!!

I would also like to wish all a very Merry Christmas and an invigorating, exciting and successful 2008!

Thanks again to the board!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayneecm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back