Thank you!

sfb

Board Regular
I logged into the lounge to write a quick message of thank you, and saw the recent "wasting" message first. Funny, it was at its essence the complete opposite of what I intended to write.

Yet again, in the course of my work, I was able to exclaim today "The power of Mr.Excel.com, yet again, saves the day!". Not kidding.

I've posted questions and I've searched the board, and 99% of the time, I've found exactly what I needed, if not more. I just wanted to say thank you. I'm humbled by the knowledge that is out there. I pride myself in being the local "guru", and yet, I've got MUCH to learn.

I will say this, in parting, SUMPRODUCT is the answer to all the world's problems. Ok, maybe not, but it comes close.

Thanks again for doing this. You guys are life savers.

SFB

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
I second all of that ... Especially the SUMPRODUCT thing ;)

I was gonna comment on the "wasting" thread but decided that I didn't really have anything to add that hadn't already been said.

But, as its been said, I would like to add my own thanks to those that have helped me out over the past year or so, either directly or indirectly, this board is an invaluable resource and long may it last!

:beerchug:

Hmmmm, I agree totally except that I don't think I've ever used sumproduct. I'll have to do a search.

Hmmmm, I agree totally except that I don't think I've ever used sumproduct. I'll have to do a search.

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Never used SUMPRODUCT??? Well, it won't quite give you world peace, but it's certainly the most useful of all of Excel's functions. I was sceptical of it at first but now I use it every day!

Back to the original topic though, I don't think I've ever actually formally thanked everyone who's helped me out in this board......So thank you :)

I'm big on SUMIF and VLOOKUP but I've never used SUMPRODUCT that I can remember.

And those people where I work don't even know that I'm such a schmuck (-:

Well, I would like to add my thanks as well. I do very little posting, because I feel that if I can't find the solution somewhere on the site then I'm possibly asking the wrong question.

But I would like to mention my special thanks to Erik.Van.Geit as I see his footsteps answering almost all of my questions (to other people obviously), but how does he get the time to do it?

And how does he know I'm going to ask such a dumb question that he has the answer already... :laugh:

OK, the next time I'm faced with a how many different products were were tagged with these many different action codes, I'll give SUMPRODUCT a whirl.

Thanks for the link (-:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lugen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back