Thank you vs Last post

ndendrinos

I've enjoyed this forum over two years now got all the help I could ask for and like it is said nowadays " and then some"
One thing I would like to see changed is this:

Every time I post and get help I thank the person(s) that took the time to do so .... and unless that person replies with a "welcome" it is my name that shows in the "Last post" to the right of the screen.

e.g. Just thanked Tom Urtis for adding to his code to disable the option of deleting/adding tabs ..... now you tell me what would draw more the attention of an amateur like me ... my name on the "Last post" column or Tom's.

Is there a solution here ?

the short answer is "no". That's not how forums work.

If you want people to notice the person you're giving credit to, put it in bold or something.

This forum [software] is based on a FIFO (first in first out) rule. It would be unrealistic to code the php to do as you say, probably impossible.

The best solution I see is to refine your search for either 1) primarily solved threads or applicable topics or 2) a specific user's posts. Although if they have an enormous amount of posts (quantity unkown, apparently between 7,000 and 8,500 posts) the indexing may be skewed and all posts will not be viewable.

Your best option? Knowing how to get the hits you want on a search. You may want to think about using Google as well, with a syntax of site:MrExcel.com SUMPRODUCT SUBTOTAL (thanks to NateO for showing me that ;) ).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michellehoddinott

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back