Andrew Fergus

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I know this subject has been raised plenty of times but I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to MrExcel.com. Why?

I decided some time ago I wanted a career change into IT (particularly software development etc.) and in my own time I have focused on learning new skills with Access and taught myself VBA, VB and Python. These aren't the newest technologies I know but once you have worked with languages such as COBOL, these sorts of languages / applications are easy to learn and the concepts are transferrable to any language. However, without any formal qualifications in these areas, I needed some credibility in order to be taken seriously. Hence my involvement in MrExcel.com and my focus within the Access forum (and in any case I can't keep up with Excel gurus and I don't understand most of the Excel questions!).

I used my contributions on this site as a reference and today it paid off with a new contract. So thank you MrExcel! I may not be posting so much in future due to work commitments but I won't be far away.....

Andrew
:beerchug:

P.S. This is still my favourite forum!

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hey Andrew,

Congratulations! Hope the contract turns into something really good (I'm well into the third year of an 8-week contract at the moment)

See you around

Denis

Thanks guys.

After making 1,500+ posts in the Access forum, I figured that had to be worth something and I guess so did my client. The employment consultants seem to love the concept of helping others on an international forum - so I recommend others should also use this as a reference site too! A word of caution : make sure you have your photo as your avatar to provide some proof that it is you (yet another reason to join Erik's DRAFT).

Here's hoping my 3 month contract extends like your Denis - although I'm not so sure about the 3 years part.....I will have to wait and see.

Andrew :-D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukmana_sam

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back