Thank you etiquette?

oreo haven

Board Regular
I don't really post questions anymore, as I can usually find a solution to my excel problem by searching the forum. Some of these posts are pretty dated, but still pertinent. When I find a helpful post, what is the correct way to thank the contributor? Is it better to post a reply or send a PM, or just go about my day?

In any case, a big THANK YOU to all of the contributors here. I have learned so much since the first time I posted when I thought that the only thing excel was good for was making tables that were too large for Word Documents.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
If you have asked a question then you should post your 'Thank You' back into the thread. If you have found the answer to a question simply by looking in past threads, there is no need to post anyting - just 'go about your day'. Hopefully the original poster thanked whoever helped at the time.

Good question - I can tell you that nothing will get future posts ignored faster than not saying "Thanks" if a suggestion works, and in the case of multiple responses you should also point out which one worked for you.

And even if the response doesn't address your particular need it's always nice to at least recognize that someone went out of their way to help you.

For me (and I'd imagine most of us) it's not the platitude, but letting us know the question has been solved.

HTH,

La Grange, eh? I'm from Victoria w/family in Weimar, etc...Small world. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadethejade

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back