TextBox Behind Rectangles

El_Kabong

The sheets in a workbook I'm maintaining have navigation objects at the top -- gray rectangles that take the user to another sheet in the book (tabs are hidden and worksheet is protected for users).

Since there are now more sheets than can comfortably fit across the top, I've implemented a "drop-down" of sorts -- one of the rectangles is labeled "Reports" and clicking on it makes visible the list of the reports.

My problem: Right below the navigation bar where the Reports list will appear is a text box. If the user for whatever reason has the text box activated when s/he clicks "Reports", the box appears on top of the list of reports. The user has to click outside the text box to shift the focus, which makes the full list available. I've moved it behind the navigation shapes on the Selection pane, but it still behaves this way.

Other than manipulating via VBA the Select property on the sheet when the user clicks Reports, is there a way to make the text box appear behind the report list if it's visible?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swgrinder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back