Text box info not showing

FACTOR 21

Board Regular
Hi, I have a series of text boxes that use column info from a table to display a name based upon the entry in a combo box, The first 4 text boxes display the information, the fifth and sixth text box do not.

The fields in the table are all formatted the same and I've tried to get the info direct from the table and from a query but the result is the same.

The row source of the Combo Box is;

SELECT QryClientManager.ID, QryClientManager.ClientManager, QryClientManager.ClientManagerBuddy, QryClientManager.CreditController, QryClientManager.ClientManagerBuddy2, QryClientManager.CreditController2, QryClientManager.CreditController3 FROM QryClientManager;

The Control Source of the Text Boxes are;

=[Combo211].[Column](2), with the last number changing to represent the column in the table/Query

Any suggestions would be greatly received

Jeremy

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
from a table to display a name based upon the entry in a combo box
If this is what you did to the textboxes that work, I don't see how. First, you cannot have an expression in a text box that is bound to anything. It has to be unbound. Second, I think you are trying to make a text box equal to a column of data, not a row in that column.
What you should do is write code to set the value of the text box using the combo box AfterUpdate event. That being said, I don't think I'd use both as you are doing. Why not just display all of the necessary fields when the combo is dropped down, but display only the value you want when it's released? I say that because I get the impression you are setting a text box to show something from a combo box, not from a table or query.

Upvote 0
remember that index for columns start at 0 (ZERO) not 1 ... so Column(2) is actually the 3rd field in the RowSource ...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reminder, although I had made sure that this was correct before posting.

Any other ideas why 2 of the text boxes do not populate with the entry in the table?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Thanks for your ideas, I have managed to sort it, the problem was not in the select function or the row source of the Combo box, it was the coumn count of the Combo box being set to 4, changed to 6 and all works fine.

We live and Learn

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iours

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back