Taking forever to post after pressing the Submit Reply button

p45cal

Sometimes it posts relatively qiuckly (a few seconds) sometimes it never posts, sometimes it can take a minute or two.
Occasionally I get a message asking whether I want to leave the page, even though I haven't tried to.

I see sometimes duplicate or triplicate pots by others timestamped a minute or so apart - I wonder if it's because of the same reason? They get sick of waiting and press the submit button again.

(I use Firefox and I get the message in the bottom left corner 'waiting for MrExcel.com | Excel Resources | Excel Seminars | Excel Products...')

Am I the only one to suffer this? Other websites are responsive if eventually I open another tab - so it's not my internet connection.

You're not the only one...and it's not browser-specific (I've tried 3). Email notifications have been (at times) delayed or missing entirely, and when trying to access the forum I get a message that the board website "can't be reached". In one of the forum stickies it was mentioned that there was some substantial maintenance going on. The delays may be a symptom of the maintenance, or may be the reason for the maintenance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziMacca

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back