Taking a value from another sheet and multiplying (cost x hours) and combining days, weeks months

angmocummer

Hello everyone,

I have tried to make a sheet which has

Resource, Task, Rate (I'd like this to be on another sheet, as it does not help here and is a lot of repetition)
Also, right now the columns for hours are based on weeks, but i'd like to do it by days and then collapse by weeks, and months and get totals by weeks and months too. I have no clue how to do that.
Then, I'd like to multiply the rate by the hours to find the total number of hours, however the way it is done right now is not very intelligent and very time consuming when creating the formula, which looks something like this =SUM(H4*$C$4,H5*$C$5,H6*$C$6,H8*$C$8,H9*$C$9,H10*$C$10,H11*$C$11,H13*$C$13,H14*$C$14,H15*$C$15,H16*$C$16)

Can you please give me some pointers as to what can be done to make this a bit better?

Attachment for reference.

Thanks,
G

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
change formula in D27 from =SUM(D4*$C$4,D5*$C$5,D6*$C$6) to =SUMPRODUCT($C$4:$C$24,D4:D24) copied right till needed.

Upvote 0
You could as well create a table in sheet Rate instead of just a list, thus would allow more dynamism, and any added data could be seen in first sheet.

Excel 2010
AB
1CodeRate
2SC1340
3SC2340
4ONSC11200
5ONC1900
6GDN CON1295
7GDN AN1220
Rates

Formula in cell C4 would then be =IFERROR(INDEX(Table2[Rate],MATCH(angmocummer!$A4,Table2
Code:
,0)),"Not available")

Upvote 0
Whoa!! That was great, and I learned SUMPRODUCT and the idea to do it through a table was very helpful too!!
Many thanks good sir! I tip my internet hat to you

Upvote 0
Whoa!! That was great, and I learned SUMPRODUCT and the idea to do it through a table was very helpful too!!
Many thanks good sir! I tip my internet hat to you

Most welcome, thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back