Tags HTML Maker

VBBlindman

Followed steps from Forum Posting Guidelines and How to display your sheet, clicked on link and the sub folder then hit download and nothing happend, tried a few times. Is there another link or other way to get the right to post an attachement?

Also searched for tags, what they are, how to use, didn't find anything. Got 12 pages of stuff with the key word tags, but no help with the specifics. Can you tell me what they are, why/how to use them?

Thanks

Hi,
BB tags are listed at this URL:
BB Code List - MrExcel Message Board

I'm not extremely familiar with addins for creating HTML but the two most popular that I know of are HTMLMaker:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=8cffdec0ce27e813&id=8CFFDEC0CE27E813!189&sc=documents

And Jeannie:
Excel Jeanie Html

These don't create attachments - they render a worksheet as HTML so it can be displayed within a post. I've used both, but I can't really say what may or may not be wrong with the instructions you are using, but it's probably worth trying again.
ξ

Thank you, the tag document is just what I was looking for, and now that I see what it is I completely blew by it

I finally got the MrExcelHTML maker to download and it's now loaded and activated in my addins, however, how do you get posting permission for attachments? At the bottom of any post I try to make it still states "you may not post attachments." I have an Excel VBA question I'd like to post, but it needs to have the sample spreadsheet to fully understand what I'm going for.

Welcome to the Board!

You can't post attachments here, but as you've seen you can post screen/code shots.

If you absolutely need to share a workbook you can use a file sharing service like Box or Dropbox. Just note that limits the number of people who will actually spend the time to download the file.

Okay, I'm going to give it a go and type up my first real post.
But I'm concerned, I used the HTML maker on my small example spreadsheet, but it generated like 11 pages of code when I pasted it into a word doc to see what it copied. I'm thinking if it does that when I post it in a thread you guys are going to throw me out.

No worries - HTML code can be a monster but (if it works) the hundreds of lines of html code will look exactly like your Excel spreadsheet and nothing like what you see in those 11 pages of code. But please note: not all forums allow HTML so in some of our forums it *will* look like those 11 pages of html code. You'll be okay in the Excel forum. Preview your post in the Excel forum to see how it turns out if you're not sure.

In addition to Xenou's comments, the HTML Maker will do its best to generate as much of the sheet as you select, but the reality is that too much can blow up the page, in which case we'll remove it and ask you to post a smaller shot. So start with just enough of a representative example to show what you have/what you need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fahad_ibnfurjan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back