Tabular Form change text box

amfroehlich

Board Regular
I have a tabular form where i want to change all of the textbox14 value to "Complete". But when i say textbox14 = "Complete" it only changes the frist record in the form. How do i get it to change all of the records?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Do you definitely want to change them all to complete?

In a tabular form you work with 1 record at a time.

The only way I can think of changing >1 record at a time would be to use an update query, which you could run view a button.

Could you give more info on what exactly you're trying to do?

Upvote 0
What i am doing is i have a query pulling back all each of the records that status doesn't = complete. I putting these results in a tabulr form. The user will then be able to check if they want to change the status of each record one by one. When the user clicks the update button i want the status to read complete for all rows checked.

Thank you for all your help,

Upvote 0
Norie is exactly correct.

I'll try to explain a little. I'm guessing that what you're doing is referencing the recordset in your tabular form using something like Me.fieldname1.

What this does is only update the contents of the field in the currently selected record. If that record is always the first one, then that's probably why you're only seeing the first getting updated. This would also be the case if you never actually selected anything within the table...it would default to the first record.

If you allow edits to the tabular data, set up an UPDATE query that checks the contents of the entire recordsource for a True value in the displayed check box. You then should make sure that you refresh the recordsource so that it updates the display (and by your description, removes the checked items from the tabular display.

Mike

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmcquade91

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back