Tableau- metrics with Color Gauges with 5 colors that each metric having specific thresholds that determine how full the gauge is/what color it is.

joeshmolloney

Office Version
  1. 2021
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Below is a sample of the data I am working with but basically, I am creating a dashboard in Tableau that visualizes metrics on a gauge chart. Normally this is quite simple, and I'd just used static parameters to calculate the color, however each of the individual metrics have thresholds on the gauge chart that reflect how the chart should be colored in using the thresholds against what the data in the row "actual" shows for each metric. For example, metric A would be light blue, metric B would be light orange, C would be blue, and so on. I basically used Creating NPS Gauges in Tableau to make the gauge and can successfully create a static scale adding in the extra colors where <.2 is orange, >.2 is light orange, >.4 is gray, >.6 is light blue, >.8 is blue. Though the static scale doesn't cut it and I am trying to create a more dynamic view, how can I put this together to using the thresholds in conjunction with the actual value to figure this out? Any help/direction is very much so appreciated!

OperationalView.xlsx
ABCDEFGH
1MetricThreshold 1-OrangeThreshold 2-Light OrangeThreshold 3-GrayThreshold 4-Light BlueThreshold 5-BlueActualProjected
2A<60%60-70%>70%>80%>90%85%90%
3B<60%60-70%>70%>80%>90%70.0%90%
4C>50 hours40-50 hours<40 hours<30 hours<25 hours18 hrs27 hrs
5D<45 days20-45 days<20 days<15 days<12 days15 days15 days
Sheet2

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back