Tabbing fails when validation added to a form

dennisridgley

Good morning, I'm a beginner with Access forms, but this is driving me NUTS! :ROFLMAO: I have a split form I created to record customer service calls that works just fine, but I want to add validation to a date text box and a time text box in the form. However, when I do, the tabbing stops at the field being validated. These are separate fields in the table. Is there any way to get past this? The validation I'd like to use for the date box is: >=#01/01/2015# AND <#01/01/2016# OR Is Not Null. For the time box I'd like to use: Is Not Null.

Thanks for any help.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
In my experience, form control validation rules can be wonky. I've even copied validation rule examples right from MS web pages and found they don't work, so I don't rely on them. Never could figure out why, though I tried.

You also have the option to put validation on a table field (and not allow nulls), which I not only find more reliable, but it is enforced for queries that update or append records. If you don't want to set table level validation, you can also enforce just about any kind of validation via code on a control event (such as a button click or After_Update event). Not sure if that will help you.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Micron, I tried that earlier but was not having any success implementing the validation. Not sure what I was doing incorrectly, but I went back to the table, I was able to get all the validation working that I wanted! Thanks for redirecting me!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmcquade91

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back