Tab Forms and Pages

Princessboko

Board Regular
I'm a new Access user. I want to create a form that has about 6 pages in it using the tabs to go to the different pages.

How do I assign a different table to each page? So that each page will be inputting into the different tables.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
I guess you want 6 tables and 6 forms to input the data to the tables?

If you do this, then you can assign command buttons to the forms to activate the form you want to view.

Is this ok? Do you need more info?

Parra

Upvote 0
You can also create a query of all 6 tables. Then, in your form, create the multiple tabs and just put the fields you want on their respective tabs (use the query as the data source for the form).
This message was edited by jmiskey on 2002-12-30 13:32

Upvote 0
You can also create a query of all 6 tables. Then, in your form, create the multiple tabs and just put the fields you want on their respective tabs (use the query as the data source for the form).

Yes, that's what I want to do but I'm not sure how to write a query. How do I do that?

Thanks

Upvote 0
If you are planning on using Access, you definitely want to read up on queries. They are probably the most important feature in Access. They allow you to link tables, do searches, perform calculations, filter records, etc.

In the Help, search on "designing a query" for details. However, if you are planning on using Access, I would recommend picking up a good intro book. There are a ton of books available. The Microsoft "Step-by-Step" book for Access is a good beginner's book that will give you a good overview of all the features without getting too complicated or too in-depth (no VBA).

Upvote 0
If you want to be able to input into the tables then you don't want a query to unite the tables. What you need (it seems to me) is a tab control with sub forms on each page of the tab control, where the control source of each sub form is one of your tables.

Confused?? Most probably :wink:

Steps to realise.

1 Use the form wizard to create forms based on each of your tables.

2 Create a new form with your tab control

3 Add enough pages to contain all your tables

4 Drag and drop your forms on each page of the main form.

That's as basic an explanation as I can give.

hope it helps,

dave.

Upvote 0
Perhaps I should clarify my response a little. You can link all six tables together in a query if the tables are related (meaning that there are common key fields to link the tables together). If that is the case, then you can do a query and it is OK to update your records from this query. It is probably not the best place to add new records from, though. An entry form based on that individual table would work best.

If your tables have nothing in common to link on, then dmckinney is right. You do not want to do a query to link them together, as it will give you meaningless results, and you would certainly not want to update the records from this query.

A good beginner's book will really help with how to best design tables, queries, forms, and sub-forms. Access is a great tool, but there are are some important design rules which if not followed, will make things much harder than they have to be.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
This message was edited by jmiskey on 2003-01-03 09:57

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sukhman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back