Tab enters infomation

amfroehlich

Board Regular
I have a button on my form that i want the user to use to enter the informaiton into the database. But, currently if they tab through all of the feilds it adds the information. Is their anyway that i can turn that off so the user has to enter the information by clicking the button.

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Hi amfroehlich.

I'm curious as to what you are trying to achieve here. Have you got a macro attached to the button that does more than just save the record and progress to the next record? Even if you disable the ability to tab through every field (or even just the last field), the user can still press "Page Down" to get to the next record without clicking the button. Assuming you have a macro that you wish to run before the user progresses to the next record, you could try activating it as follows :

In the form design, Click Edit -> Select Form, Click View -> Properties, scroll down to "Before Update" and enter your macro name in there. Your macro will activate if the user trys to tab through every field or if they page down too.

Let me know if I am way off track or if this helps,

Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt3388

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back