Switching e-mail accounts

pbt

Everytime I switch e-mail accounts (work/home) so I can receive notifications of replies, my account is deactivated. I then receive an e-mail form admin. to allow me to reactivate my account.

Is this something new? Have not had this situation in the past.

Thanks
h.h.

We turned on user authentication. It's not exactly new (it's built into the board), it simply has not been active before.

It simply makes you confirm that you have used a valid email address. We turned it on to (hopefully) help slow down the spamming on the board.

Hi, there,

just changed my emailaddress, because in a few minutes my account could be stopped
see my thread in Lounge :)

there is said "check your email": but I didn't receive an email, not in the old address nor on the hotmail (see account erik.van.geit)
where should I have received it ?
possible cause: seems like my hotmailaddress was "sleeping": it was neede to do some extra operations to get in: all this stuff is not my best part :confused:

so now I logged in with the old account

can someone solve my problem ?
Kristy ? :pray:

EDIT: tried to get my password
Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

Hi Erik,

there is said "check your email": but I didn't receive an email, not in the old address nor on the hotmail (see account erik.van.geit)
where should I have received it ?
The board should have automatically sent you an email with a link to click to "re-activate" your account, but sometimes the emails get caught in spam filters and treated as "junk." I would go ahead and check your spam folder.

possible cause: seems like my hotmailaddress was "sleeping": it was neede to do some extra operations to get in: all this stuff is not my best part

I am not certain, but perhaps when the hotmail address is "sleeping," emails are not received (emails are bounced back as undeliverable). If this is the case, you would not have received the email.

I will ask Tracy to take a look at the emails that have "bounced" back to see if we can track down the issue.

eric - I see one bounced email from your tiscali account - which seems invalid..
I see a bounce from a hotmail account, but not yours. it's possible it bounced earlier - but I usually delete bounces right away...

eh - nevermind, i manually activated your usual account. check it out and let me know

Thank you! Kristy and starl
& sorry to have bothered you :oops:

I'm back on as "erik . van . geit with dots"

The internet-company seems to have forgotton they are allowed to cut me off. (Could happen every moment now). It was a bad company, perhaps they are also bad in administration to stop the stream... We'll see... Anyway, now I'm sure people can send me email via this hotmailacount, which I forgot to check before swithing.

Just one question: did I got warned that my acount would be "reset" when changing my emailaddress? I don't think so. A warning would be a good thing: people would think about twice before persuing the change.

If this sounds confusing, nevermind. Let's be happy we have such a good rocketmoderators.
Thank YOU!
Erik

just switched again without any problem :)

the email is sent to the new emailaddress

warning for all members: enter a VALID emailaddress: check twice before submitting !!

mister erikvangeit - without dots - is out :confused:

again the hotmail failed, while now I'm sure it was correctly functioning
I had emails before and after the switch

not that I'm using this acount often, but it's been very handy some time ago (see this thread :) )

to be clear
erik with DOTs switched from hotmail to current provider
erik without dots switched to hotmail but didn't see any confirmation-email

voilà if this can help you to avoid problems in the future
and if you can restore mister erikvangeit it would be great

sincerely, if you cannot I'm still very happy to be here ;)
Erik

erik - if you need email accounts fixed, pm me - these roundabout references are just plain confusing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back