SUMPRODUCT with INDIRECT and multiple criteria

Civitas

Hi all,
My first post so I hope I've done it in accordance with the rules of the board. :)

Question: I have a spreadsheet for football results. So I've got teams on different sheets pulling the data from sheets.

I've been using the first formula with no problems but decided I needed away of being able to update the data from different cells on the same sheet. So, I introduced 'INDIRECT' to facilitate this, at the same time used some name ranges.

So to the problem. Although the first two parts of the sumproduct

=SUMPRODUCT(('10-11'!$D$2:$D$307="Dortmund")*('10-11'!$H$2:$H$307=D17)*('10-11'!$AN$2:$AN$307<0.2))

=SUMPRODUCT((--(INDIRECT("'"&$C$4&"'!"&AC18)=team))*(--(INDIRECT("'"&$C$4&"'!"&AD18)=PAHome1))*(--(INDIRECT("'"&$C$4&"'!"&AE18)=AG18)))

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Hi Civitas, the first formula with INDIRECT function:

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT((INDIRECT("'"&$C$4&"'!$D$2:$D$307")="Dortmund")*(INDIRECT("'"&$C$4&"'!$H$2:$H$307")=D17)*(INDIRECT("'"&$C$4&"'!$AN$2:$AN$307")<0.2))

Doing C4 cell ='
10-11

To make the second formula works:

Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=SUMPRODUCT((--(INDIRECT("'"&$C$4&"'!"&AC18)=team))*(--(INDIRECT("'"&$C$4&"'!"&AD18)=PAHome1))*(--(INDIRECT("'"&$C$4&"'!"&AE18)=AG18)))[/COLOR]

Write next data into these cells:
C4 =10-11
AC18 =$D$2:$D$307
AD18 =$H$2:$H$307
AE18 =$AN$2:$AN$307

I hope that it will help to you.

Visit my blog: Pedro Wave for Excel Guys

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ah, yes that is already done within the spread sheet. But if I use the first version it works substituting the second one it doesn't. I've worked out that it's the last part, AG18 that doesn't. So the first two parts let me use cell names for the calculations but the last part of the formula that contains =AG18 doesn't work and I have to use <0.2.
This of course is at cell AG18.

I hope this helps anyone looking on.

Upvote 0
If AG18 =0.2 works this formula?

Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=SUMPRODUCT((--(INDIRECT("'"&$C$4&"'!"&AC18)=team))*(--(INDIRECT("'"&$C$4&"'!"&AD18)=PAHome1))*(--(INDIRECT("'"&$C$4&"'!"&AE18)[/COLOR][B][COLOR=#333366][FONT=arial]<[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#333333][B]AG18[/B])))[/COLOR]
<ag18)))< font="">
Or you write AG18 =<0.2 ???</ag18)))<>

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back