Summary Data

AndyGFLees

Hi,

This is a simplified version of what I am trying to do:

** Spreadsheet being amended **

You can see that this is a time recording spreadsheet for visits to clients. To summarise, on day 1 the technician visits a client, selects the client name from a dynamic drop down list, enter the start and leave times, and then either continues onto any other client, or end the day.

I have finally given up trying to calculate some period reporting information, shown in the far right table. My difficulty is when coming across 3 situations - the technician may visit the same client twice in the same day, the technician may visit only 1 client on one day, but up to 5 on the next day, and the technician may visit the same client on more than one day.

For info, the cells in Green are data entry for the technician, the cells in yellow are read only for the technician, the cells in red are hidden. The tables in red at the bottom of each day are just what I think might be a temporary stage in providing my Period 1 table. I am happy to use as many hidden cells as necessary to achieve the results for my Period 1 table.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I have gone formula blind !!.
<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style><style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style><style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style><style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style><style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style><style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style><style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Andy,

it would be simpler if you could provide us with a sample spreadsheet and the desired result.
The spreadsheet should contain every possible situation.

Upload to this server is not possible but you could use OneDrive, Google Drive or something similar.

Upvote 0
AndyGFLees,

Your link wants me to sign in, and, I will not do that.

You can post your workbook/worksheets to the following free site (sensitive data changed), mark the workbook for sharing, and, provide us with a link to your workbook:

https://dropbox.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Andy,

reshape your data to this:

Tabelle2

ABCDEF
1DatePeriodTechnicianStart TimeFinish TimeDuration
208.05.20171Black09:0011:0002:00

<colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; "><col style="width:80px;"><col style="width:80px;"><col style="width:80px;"><col style="width:80px;"><col style="width:80px;"><col style="width:80px;"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Formeln der Tabelle
ZelleFormel
F2=E2-D2

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Tabellen im Web darstellen >> Excel Jeanie HTML 4.8

Then it is just a matter of SUMIFS() or pivot table.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Shift-Del,

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain well enough. The duration is easy enough to work out, it is the Period Reporting data that I cannot seem to calculate.

Cheers,

Upvote 0
Andy,

as I already mentioned with the reshaped data the reporting can be achieved with SUMIFS() or pivot table.

Upvote 0
Shift-del

Thanks very much. Although I have only recreated part of the spreadsheet it seems a lot easier to handle the data.

Cheers,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back