Sumifs not working in formulated columns

DGT007

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I am trying to use sumifs to pull through the totals from a list of accounts. There are numerous of the same account with different amounts in and I need all of them to pull through.

I think the issue stems from the amounts being formulated using a trim and substitute formula.

I've created a spreadsheet which pulls information from other workbooks then separates out the details pulling through into separate columns.

The function used to separate the information is =IF($I1961="","",TRIM(MID(SUBSTITUTE($I1961,"*",REPT(" ",999)),COLUMNS($I:P)*999-998,999)))

This gives me the total in that cell. When I do a sumifs for this column against the account codes it pulls them through as 0.

Is there a way I can sum the the values against the codes?

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
I've managed to get round the issue using a 'helper' column with =value formula. Is there a better way to do it though?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Is there a way I can sum the the values against the codes?
Almost certainly: "Yes"

I think the issue stems from the amounts being formulated using a trim and substitute formula.
Almost certainly you are correct.

Before that though there may be a better way to isolate the required data since you have Microsoft 365.
Any chance the you could give us a small amount of sample data (including your current formula) with XL2BB and explain again in relation to that sample data?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guidation14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back