Sum across multiple sheets based on date

maddogg126

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am trying to sum amounts across multiple sheets based on a date (typically the end of the month). There are over 100 sheets so did not want a huge sumif formula. Also, not all of the sheets will have certain dates, for instance a project may have started in 2024 but I would be looking for monthly activity for 2023. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hello,

I am trying to sum amounts across multiple sheets based on a date (typically the end of the month). There are over 100 sheets so did not want a huge sumif formula. Also, not all of the sheets will have certain dates, for instance a project may have started in 2024 but I would be looking for monthly activity for 2023. Thanks.
I like to have the data all in one sheet for ease of producing reports. If the amalgamation of the sheets was automated it would be easy to produce the figures. Is this acceptable / feasible for you?

Examples of your data wold be handy.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

I suggest that you investigate XL2BB for providing sample data to make it easier for helpers by not having to manually type out sample data to test with.

If you have trouble with XL2BB, review the "XL2BB Icons greyed out" link in the 'Known XL2BB issues' section near the top of the XL2BB Instructions page linked above.

Upvote 0
Below is a screen shot. I am looking to have all monthly billings accumulated across all of the sheets based on month end date. The formula would be looking at column E and H. Let me know if this helps.

1729096731313.png

1729096928835.png

Upvote 0
Yes, that would be the max in most cases. The projects vary by length and contract amount, so it could be one row up to 20.

Upvote 0
Yes and the date will always be the last day of each respective month.
I've had to put some data together to test it so I hope that I have it right. I assumed that you wanted to SUM the Amount column.

I have formulas for testing the data. Just press F9 to get a new set of data for test.

Put these three sheets into a new workbook for testing and familiarisation.

Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
E12:E31E12=OFFSET(Report!$B$3,RANDBETWEEN(1,12),0)
F13:F31F13=F12+1
M12:M31M12=RANDBETWEEN(100,700)

and

Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
E12:E31E12=OFFSET(Report!$B$3,RANDBETWEEN(1,12),0)
F13:F31F13=F12+1
M12:M31M12=RANDBETWEEN(100,700)

This is where the formulas are:

This formula does the work: =IFERROR(LET(f,VSTACK('2416:2415'!$E$12:$O$31),SUM(INDEX(FILTER(f,INDEX(f,,1)=Report!$B4),,9))),0)

If you want to sum sheets 2416 to 2411 you would change this to : =IFERROR(LET(f,VSTACK('2416:2411'!$E$12:$O$31),SUM(INDEX(FILTER(f,INDEX(f,,1)=Report!$B4),,9))),0)

It depends on the sheets from 2416 to 2411 being in an unbroken sequence of sheets.

You will need to test this on your data.

Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C4:C15C4=IFERROR(LET(f,VSTACK('2416:2415'!$E$12:$O$31),SUM(INDEX(FILTER(f,INDEX(f,,1)=Report!$B4),,9))),0)
B5:B15B5=EOMONTH(B4,1)

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you! I was able to get it to work. The only change I needed to make to =IFERROR(LET(f,VSTACK('2416:2415'!$E$12:$O$31),SUM(INDEX(FILTER(f,INDEX(f,,1)=Report!$B4),,9))),0) was changing the =Report!$B4 to =$B4

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Auroraaa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back