Suggestion

dado6612

At first, THIS SITE IS AWESOMEEEE :biggrin:

Mine suggestion is about clearance of answered questions/topics
U have more than 100 new questions per day and i assume that if some moderator (or someone else whos answering on our questions) must read all topics to see is there answer for question and is the user satisfied

So, maybe moderator can, after answering on question/seeing there is an answer ,change title of topic by adding (a) at beginning..

Sorry - but we don't check every post.

Some members do make it a point of checking posts with 0 response, but I don't think it would be feasible to check each post to see if it's been resolved satisfactorily - that would be up to the OP.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Sorry - but we don't check every post.

Some members do make it a point of checking posts with 0 response, but I don't think it would be feasible to check each post to see if it's been resolved satisfactorily - that would be up to the OP.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Cmon Smitty - make some time in your day to handle this.
Maybe we could also have a moderator dedicated to fixing spelling errors.

Gene Klein

Sounds like you are yet another person wanting us to mark threads as "solved." If you search this section of the board you will find many threads on the topic and reasons for why we do not do this.

Smitty is absolutely correct - I currently only have 572 posts to my name and I guess at least 95% were "first responses" to posts usually 1 or more days old.
I think that it would be wasting valuable time for a Moderator/Administrator to check them all - once they have gone past a couple of days it is possible that either an answer has been found (but the thread not updated), the question repeated in another post (it has happened to me where I have spent time giving an answer to find that the solution was given in a duplicated post) or an alternative approach taken so the solution is no longer needed.
If a solution is still required and there have been no responses, the originator can always 'bump' the thread.

Alo note that there are many posts where the OP never responds as to whether or not what was posted solved their issue.

I hate when you give a suggestion and the OP doesn't let you know if it's worked! :mad:

I must admit tho with my first post I did that :oops: but now I have learnt my lesson!

On another note, kind of on the 'suggestion' point... is it possible to give people a 'New Thread Time-out' if they make duplicate posts? So for a certain amount of time they can only post replys and not create new threads? Obv you could say 3 strikes and you get a time out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBulinski1975

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back