Subtotals

serraostudent1

Help is needed and suggestions will be appreciated! Working in 2010. I have about 500 rows of data which group into 136 subsets. Each time I use subtotals, it groups correctly, but it does not retain the name of the subgroup in the total row, thus I have to "copy" down (directionally) the row just above it in three separate places. Is there a way to write a VBA code to copy down, B,H,I,and J on the row just above the subtotal row? I have tried a macro but it returns to the original location only.

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Ok folks! Feeling like I had to practice until I made something happen! bottom Line, what I have determined to be the best for me is fill the Blake cells with the cells directly above it! I think I have worked it out some what, but, I don't know where I am going wrong! I put the following formula in cell B9 =IF(ISBLANK, b8, 0) however, it worked when the formula was placed outside of B9! I guess Excel is telling me, with the formula in B9 that B9 is no longer blank! What do I have to do to make it successful?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back