"Submit" button on the preview page doesn't work.

OdinsDream

The topic submit button on the composition page works fine, but if I click "Preview", and then "Submit" on that page, I get nothing. The page just sits there.

Pressing Back and then Submit on the composition page works just fine.

Re: "Submit" button on the preview page doesn't wo

I'm assuming you previewed a post that you had used the HTML Maker for?

If you post code from the add-in, you can't preview the message. Or else it does exactly what you described. Something with the javascript it uses.

I usually just post it, then check the message right away to make sure it doesn't need editing or anything.

Just remember not to preview those messages, and you should be fine.

This happens on all messages I preview (although I do so seldomly, and usually only by accident). Perhaps it has something to do with my browser, mozilla.

I will check it in IE. Thanks.

Having a second go at it, if it isn't the HTML maker, I would have to say it's your signature.

I just copied the code from it and tested it in a post using preview myself, and it wouldn't let me click the submit button. Even when I tried it in only the sig.

Technically, for a form to actually work it needs a script somewhere. The form HTML commands just make it look pretty. Perhaps the fact that you have the working form in your sig is what's throwing you off?

That's a good option, because I think that what makes the "Preview" button not work when using HTML Maker is the "Copy formula" button...

Clever. I didn't consider that. Perhaps the buttons are named the same. I hope it hasn't been causing problems elsewhere. It certainly wasn't my intention.

I haven't noticed it causing problems for anyone. And no one's said anything to my knowledge.

I think it may just be a "fluke" when using the preview button. It's just a theory, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back