Subform's in access dont help me!

mattpfc

Hi all,

I am trying to merge two reports which are related into one report, however when trying to add a subform onto the original form the formatting goes badly wrong. What I would ideally like is two detail sections, the first one shown on one page and the second on the other. Is there another way to do this other than subreports?

Basically the two reports I am trying to merge are a letter with a small cut away section at the bottom which is the detail, the second report is an entire A4 sheet which is linked to the letter. In merging these two reports I am trying to make printing the thing a much easier task rather than opening two individual reports.

I hope I have been clear, and also welcome all suggestions.

Thanx in advance

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
I don't know what you data looks like, but you may want to investigate using Group Headers and Footers to create multiple sections (put the data in each Group Header section).

Subform and subreports should also work, though I have often found that it can be kind of tricky to get the links set up correctly. I often have had to play around with them a bit to get them to work properly. I find that the Subreport wizard can be helpful as opposed to trying to figure out how to link it on your own.

Upvote 0
I found the best thing to use with sub-forms is just a general query dataset instead of a report. You don't have to worry about formating, and you can cut and paste the data directly from the subform into Excel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smllchng5

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back