Subform Wizard Not Showing Correct Field Type

dbouton

I have a form based on a query; qryCurrentPositionAssignments, which i am trying to create a subform for with both the Parent and Child fields(linking field) being "Internal ID Number". In every instance the field [Internal ID Number] has a Data Tyep of Number, is Long Integer, and has an Input Mask of ####\-####.

When i go to add the subform using the Subform Wizard [Internal ID Number] shows as a Long Integer field type for the "Form/report fields", but keeps showing as a Text for the Subform/subreport fields. I have confirmed over and over again that the table is indeed set up with it as Long Integer... i even deleted the table and recreated it yet the same problem persists... How can i get it to accept it? I tried bypassing the wizard, and that works.. but then i cannot edit to subform (it will need a subform as well)

SELECT Postings.[Internal ID Number], Postings.[Position, Location], Postings.[Hiring Manager], Postings.[Direct Supervisor], Postings.[Posting Date], Postings.[Position Status], Max(PostingAssignment.EffectiveDate) AS MaxOfEffectiveDate, PostingAssignment.UserLogin
FROM Postings LEFT JOIN PostingAssignment ON Postings.[Internal ID Number] = PostingAssignment.[Internal ID Number]
GROUP BY Postings.[Internal ID Number], Postings.[Position, Location], Postings.[Hiring Manager], Postings.[Direct Supervisor], Postings.[Posting Date], Postings.[Position Status], PostingAssignment.UserLogin
HAVING (((PostingAssignment.UserLogin)=GetUser()));

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
A Long integer is a whole number between -2 Billion and 2 Billion. With your input mask, I am not sure how it can be an integer of any type and therefore Access guess it must be a text value.

Upvote 0
Can you provide a couple of records showing what the Internal ID Number looks like? Is it really a Long Integer?

Upvote 0
SELECT Postings.[Internal ID Number], Postings.[Position, Location], Postings.[Hiring Manager], Postings.[Direct Supervisor], Postings.[Posting Date], Postings.[Position Status], Max(PostingAssignment.EffectiveDate) AS MaxOfEffectiveDate, PostingAssignment.UserLogin
FROM Postings LEFT JOIN PostingAssignment ON Postings.[Internal ID Number] = PostingAssignment.[Internal ID Number]
GROUP BY Postings.[Internal ID Number], Postings.[Position, Location], Postings.[Hiring Manager], Postings.[Direct Supervisor], Postings.[Posting Date], Postings.[Position Status], PostingAssignment.UserLogin
HAVING (((PostingAssignment.UserLogin)=GetUser()));
A left join in a subform doesn't make a lot of sense. What's that query supposed to be?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dofrancis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back