Subform question

hafiff

Board Regular
Question:
I have three tables:
1) customer (customer data)
2) extension log (customer data, date extension received, date extension granted)
3) contact log (date, purpose of call from each extension record) -> one extension log record can have many calls.

Steps:
1) customer will request for an extension to submit payment
2) request is entered in extension log for that customer
3) we created one or more record of communications regarding the extension in contact log, for example:
1/1/15 received an extension request;
1/15/15 follow up with more info;
1/20/15 received more info;
1/27/15 granted extension

I would like to see on one Extension Log Form, the customer date; however, I want the contact log to be at underneath the Extension Log form. Is that possible?

I linked the extension log ID with ExtenID on Contact Log, it works separately, but not as subform.
What is the mistake?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
When you say "I would like to see on one Extension Log Form, the customer date" I think you mean extension date since you make no mention of a date in the customer table.
You can use either a split form or a main form with a subform. I'm not real fond of the split form.
For a main form/subform configuration, the main could have the extension details related to a customer by choosing that customer from an unbound combo box. The subform could be a datasheet, single form or continuous form with the log details. As a single, you'd only see one log record at a time. If you want the log details to be read only, you have to design to prevent edits.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adapt375

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back