Subform Datasheet Format Colour of Cell?

All_At_Sea

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I'm trying to have the colour of one of my cells in a Datasheet a different colour. In this particular case have the Life Expiry Date in Red.

I've tried changing the Fore Color to Red and it is then Red when I view it in Layout View, but not when in Datasheet View or when it is displayed in my Form, as the example below where I'd like the Life Expiry Date 31 Oct 24 to be in Red.

WSE Card Access.jpg

Any ideas on how I can achieve it, if at all possible?

Cheers

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Datasheets are the least format-able type of form and you're pretty much restricted to having all datasheets looking the same as per application settings for datasheets. This will include tables and queries.

You probably should switch to a continuous form. If you really need it to look like a datasheet you can do that. There is only one of any type of control on a continuous form, so what you do to it affects all instances. If you need special formatting in particular row(s) based on field value you use conditional formatting.

Upvote 0
Many thanks @Micron for the reply, information and confirmation that it's not possible.

The information is better suited to being displayed in a datasheet, so I'll just have to live without.

Upvote 0
As mentioned, a continuous form can be made to look like a data sheet. I spent a few minutes throwing this together as an example of that so it may not be perfect.
1725822479639.png

Upvote 0
...and here is a date field with CF in that same form
1725823369321.png

Upvote 0
This is a datasheet and CF for ID > 10

Attachments

• CF.png
    CF.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
Here is the date control set

Attachments

• CF Date.png
    CF Date.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
WGM, can you do that for one field in one record? The ask was for "one cell". I never asked for clarification in this thread but thought as much. Seems that I confused this one with the one at AccesszzForums.net

Regardless, I suspect it has been dropped.

Upvote 0
I was reading it as an Excel user using Excel speak?
You and I know it would be every record for that control, as shown in the pics, unless some criteria was applied.
As usual, not a great example to start with.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-09 143701.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-09 143701.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
You and I know it would be every record for that contro
I thought as much when I gave my original answer but it's one of those things that are becoming distant memories and I was not 100% positive. ;)
There's also the fact that I've turned off updates for Access, believing "if it ain't broke..."

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swgrinder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back