Stuck in Recovery Mode on Start up *****NEWBIE HELP NEEDED*****

sassy

I have a huge database that I have no clue how to fix. I can get to the data, but have no clue how to stop the recovery mode. When it is opened it states that it is in an.......

'inconsistent state, and will attempt to recover the database. During this process, a backup copy of the database will be made and all recovered objects will be placed in a new database. Access will then open the new database. The names of objects that were not successfully recovered will be logged in the "Recovery Errors" table.'

Each times it runs I get....

"Microsoft Access has recovered this database. Examine the database to verify that there are no missing database objects."

I have checked the data in the database and it all appears to be present, however, since it is running through this process it is changing my file name and now will not connect to the files I previously had it attached to.

**SOS***

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
It sounds like you my have a corruption issue. A few things to try:
- It says it s making a backup copy. Try opening that copy and see if it has everything you need and no issues. If it does, rename it and start using this copy.
- Create a brand new blank database, then import all the objects and import specifications (if you have any) from the bad one. This should import everything over into a brand new, uncorrupted database.

If your database is huge, make sure that you are routinely running Compact & Repair on it.
Also, is your database split into separate front and back-ends? If you have multiple users using it, this is a best practice, and greatly reduces chances of corruption.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt3388

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back