Straight Line Depreciation in Access

DavidJG91

Hi,

So I was hoping someone would be able to help me out a bit here. I have a fixed assets database where we want each asset to show depreciation. Ideally what we want is for the accountant to be able to run a report about specific groups of assets and see there depreciation up to certain points, or for the whole year/period depending on what is needed. However this is where I am stuck as to how to do this. What I want to do from here is set it up so that I can see the depreciation of items and see a break down of the decrease in value each month. However I don't know how to go about configuring this so that it automatically depreciates each asset monthly without having to manually update the record each month with current value and total depreciation value. Is anyone able to assist?

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Thanks for that, it has helped me understand a bit more of how to do this, however it doesn't seem to mention how to update the assets automatically. I currently have an asset form that has a depreciation subform with it, and in this subform it lists all the dates the asset depreciates by and how much, so for example, if an assets depreciation life is 36 months, and each month the asset depreciates £50, at the end of the period the asset will have 36 entries in the subform. I was hoping to automate that so that each month it would update the database with that entry, I'm not even sure if something like this is possible, or if it would have to be done in a way that the database would need to run a macro when the database is opened to add in these entries, using the datadiff function or something like that?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanielCorn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back