'Storing' and summing data before it is overwritten.

gwoolley0302

Board Regular
Hello there,

(Example file attached)

I have a set of data, whereby it records how much a list of companies have repaid (across several transactions each) (see cells A4:D14). The excel file is updated approx every 3 months to update how much each company has repaid - however this is done by overwriting the cells in column C - and sometimes the column D is completed to confirm when the cell was last updated.

What I'm needing to do - I would like track the 'repayment position' on a quarterly basis (rather than just having the latest scenario). So my thinking was to create a table like in cells G4:O10 - which records the quarterly position for each company, when it is available. This would ideally also aggregate amounts by summing the quarterly amounts for each company (e.g. by a sumifs formula).

Are there any ways for the Excel to 'capture' repayments numbers within a certain time period (e.g. within 30 days of a 'data check date') - e.g. automatically copy and paste them into a quarter by quarter table, before the data gets overwritten?

I would want to copy the formula into future quarters but leave as blank until the relevant time.

Is this possible (without VBA)?

(In the file I've added a second and third source table (A17:C27 and A30:C40) just to exemplify how the data looked like 3 months ago and how it might look in 3 months. However, to be clear, there is actually only one source table, that gets updated every 3 months. I'm attempting to extract data every quarter before the update (and overwrite) occurs.)

(I'm unable to download the Excel add-in to upload file sorry. So only a picture attached.)

Thanks, Greg

Attachments

• Excel_Repayment Data.png
    Excel_Repayment Data.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
[Bump]

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas for this please? Along the lines of how I thought something might be possible? Or through a very different way?

Really appreciate anyone's help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back