estanden

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

Really need your help as I am pulling my hair out on how to do this!

Basically I have a column (F) which is has a date in for 'Date Response Required By' , and column (I) has 'Impact against programme'.

Column 'I' has the formula input into the cells to work out the programme impact, this is as follows: =[@[Date Response Required By (As per accepted programme)]]-TODAY()

Ideally, once column (O) says 'Closed' instead of 'Open', 'Overdue' or 'In progress' I would like column (I) to stop counting down any further but keep the number of days which have lapsed since column (F).

I have attached a snapshot below with a few columns hidden for ease.

I have added column (P) and inputting the date of when it the query is closed - As a few other forums have said this is required but if I can avoid using it that would be great as it does create extra workload inputting it.
1723063415041.png

Let me know if you need anything else to help me :)

Thanks all!

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
=if(O2="Closed", P2-F2, F2-Today()). I have not used your field names, as I was too lazy to type them out. Try this substituting the field names for the cell addresses and see if that works for you.

Upvote 0
=if(O2="Closed", P2-F2, F2-Today()). I have not used your field names, as I was too lazy to type them out. Try this substituting the field names for the cell addresses and see if that works for you.
Hi Alan,

Thank you - This does seem to work for the majority!

Only one problem, when the date in column P is past the date in column F, when it is then closed I would like it to show as a number less than 0. If the date we close the query, and get a response is within period / prior to the date in column F the it needs to be number greater than 0.

For example,

If the date the response is required is 31st July 2024, and we got a response and closed the query on 7th August 2024. I would like it to show as -8 days, rather than 8days.

Is there a way this can be done?

Basically I need to be able to clearly identify which queries were closed late (shown by - days past), compared to responses in date which show as positive numbers).

Upvote 0
Post your sample data with information that is representative of your actual data using XL2BB so that we can test appropriately without having to reconstruct your data ourselves.

Upvote 0
Post your sample data with information that is representative of your actual data using XL2BB so that we can test appropriately without having to reconstruct your data ourselves.

HLN 0290 NPY_BAM RFI Register - Open in Browser Only.xlsx
BCFIO
748739ELLA TEST 1 27 August 202419.00Closed
749740ELLA TEST 203 July 2024-36.00Closed
750741ELLA TEST 310 August 20242.00In progress
RFI Live Register
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I748:I750I748=[@[Date Response Required By (As per accepted programme)]]-TODAY()
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
I10:I759Cell Value>28textNO
I10:I759Cell Valuebetween 14 and 28textNO
I10:I759Cell Valuebetween 1 and 13textNO
B9:P759Expression=$O9="Superseded"textNO
B9:P759Expression=$O9="Closed"textNO
I10:I759Cell Value<1textNO

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back