Sticky Common questions

BrianMH

Hi,

I'm just thinking that maybe there could be a place where all the most common questions could be stickies. I see at least 1 question on combining data from multiple worksheets/workbooks per day and I'm sure there are others that are constantly asked. Do you think it would be worthwhile creating a section for the most common questions?

Sadly, I don't think it would serve much purpose. The fact that the same/similar questions get asked repeatedly means that people either don't search or can't adapt previous solutions to their situation, so I doubt that sticky posts would achieve anything. There are knowledge base articles on microsoft on that precise topic for example, with fairly generic code, but it still gets posted repeatedly in every forum.

Point in case:

This is a Sticky in this Forum about attachments, but yet that questions still gets asked multiple times each week!

And just like anything else, if you have too many Stickies, it kind of defeats the purpose, as they don't stick out anymore if they are located in a sea of Stickies.

I think that there had been some talk about a Forum of commonly asked Excel questions some time ago (which I would not be opposed to), but I don't think it got much traction. You have the situation of who decide what goes there, etc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hglymph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back