Statistical function

akiwi

Hi all, Im helping someone with an assignment and they have to do a forecast. Using the statistical function TREND how do I find out or do the MINIMUM and MAXIMUN percent in sales increase. Is there an option in excel for this or do I just pick a number in my head for those options. Ive looked all over excell as well as the help file but am lost, can anyone help here.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Hi - welcome to the board!

Using the statistical function TREND how do I find out or do the MINIMUM and MAXIMUN percent in sales increase

Kind of depends on how the data you are using is set up, how you are using trend() etc.

Post back with more info about the data & sheet design etc - consider posting a representative snapshot of your data using the html maker from the link below this post - & I'm sure a solution will emerge.

paddy

Upvote 0
Akiwi -

Are you looking for the upper and lower bounds on a confidence band? It can be determined, but not with trendline. You need to use LINEST() and make further computations with some of the outputs of that analysis.

If this is what you want, post back, and I or someone might be able to help.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html
_______

Upvote 0
Yes that is pretty much what Im after just dont know how to do. I have looked in the help file and need this for an assignment Im doing . Its for a forecast excercise

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Priti_190

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back