Startup Menu

Royal Presence

Board Regular
Hi,

My question is about a startup form. I do not want to use a switchboard type 'menu'. I created a form with multiple sections:

1. Data Entry
2. General Reports
3. Accounting
4. Managers
5. Executive Suite

First, I used command buttons, then hyperlinks. To me each works equally well, but what I was wondering does it make a difference in usage or energy consumption? I couldn't find anything regarding the best practices, other than switchboard stuff. Any clues? My users seem to be fine with the interface at any rate.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
two thoughts;

1) using hyperlinks to open forms does not require code so unless you need code for other purposes then you can turn of code for the form and get a faster loading form.

2) when you open a form using a hyperlink it opens the Web Toolbar in that form which I don't like.

Peter

Upvote 0
Thanks,

Sorry for the delay. I was on vacation. Now back in the throes of work again.

In trying to simplify the startup menu to be concise, not busy and simple for most users, it's getting to be challenging.

My idea was to have a hover type menu with four or five categories. But, I also want to have the four main files displayed that are essential to everyday use by the data entry people, so they don't have to go pick out their files that they use constantly.

Thank you very much for your thoughts.

Paula

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Priti_190

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back