Star Wars: Rules of Smuggling

xlHammer

Board Regular
Just a bit of fun. ;)
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
1. Try to remain inconspicous, For example avoid hiring a 7ft tall hairy dog/ape/man as your co-pilot.
2. If you owe a vindictive gelatinous blob a lot of money, probably best to stay away from his home planet.
3. You're a smuggler, chances are your going to have to leave places in a hurry, don't leave it to the last minute to check if the hyper-drive works.
4. If you have acquired a mate's spaceship by beating him at cards, don't be surprised if he's a bit miffed.
5. Don't expect sympathy from anyone who keeps a monster under a trapdoor in his living room.
6. Pick a cool smuggler name that doesn't sound like it might be a euphemism for something.
7. If the state of your wiring puts you in mind of an explosion in a wool factory consider investing in a fire extinguisher.
8. If you suspect someone may have put a homing device in your ship why not have a shufti around to see if you can find it?
9. Boasting about the performance of your ship carries more credibility if you don't get units of distance mixed up with units of time.
10. When being pursued by the law it's safe to assume they won't think of looking for you in the garbage.
11. When attacked by a scimitar-wielding nutcase, improve your rogue credibility by simply shooting him.
12. Never trust men with beards (those are the droids they're looking for).
13. If you manage to acquire an enemy's uniform as a disguise don't abandon it halfway through your escape for no apparent reason.
14. When murdering someone in a bar always remember to tip the landlord (15% is considered the norm, 10% for a maiming).
15. Regardless of the language spoken by an alien (or your co-pilot) always respond in English, after all how else are they going to learn?
16. Remember, in space, no one can get a proper haircut.
17. And what's with that waistcoat thing? That wasn't even cool in the seventies.
18. It's all a bit far-fetched if you ask me, I mean what exactly were they supposed to be smuggling? It's not like there were customs posts anywhere they went.
19. If he's not simply avoiding import duties then he must be smuggling something illegal. It's not guns because he has an obvious, unconcealed weapon and nobody seemed bothered by that. So what does that leave, drugs? Slaves? Powdered rhino horn? And he's supposed to be one of the goodies?
20. Let's look at the facts, he gets enough money that it has to be moved around in crates, he keeps the ship he won in an illegal card game and he gets the girl who,incidentally, conveniently murders the money lender he is in debt to! All charges dropped, no questions asked. Who says crime doesn't pay.

May the farce be with you.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Quality!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Have you seen the Family Guy take off of Star Wars (Blue Harvest)? Most entertaining.

Dom

Dom

I am a big fan of Family Guy. In my opinion the Family Guy/Star Wars hybrid was a wok of genius.

LOL!!! Or something a little beardy chinese dude might put on his heed to enhance his mystic powers!

Wok of Genius - Quahog's Premier Oriental Dining Experience

Has anyone got Seth MacFarlane's email address?

I like the 'wok of genius'.

Off topic. 'May the farce be with you' reminds me of a sticker on a Ferrari, "May the horse be with you".

Okay, I guess I need to be a geek and start picking this apart: There are many references that explain the use of units of distance (parsecs) to be a measure of how fast the Kessel run is made. The easiest to find is the <URL=HTTP: Millennium_Falcon wiki en.wikipedia.org>Wiki Page:</URL>

<QUOTE>
The Falcon is often connected to the Kessel Run, a pathway from Kessel past the Maw Black Hole Cluster used by smugglers to transport precious Glitterstim spice. Solo in A New Hope brags that the Falcon made the Kessel Run in "less than twelve parsecs". As this is a unit of distance, not time, different explanations have been provided. In the Expanded Universe, it refers to his ability to move the ship closer to the Maw's black holes and therefore cut the distance traveled. On the A New Hope DVD audio commentary, Lucas comments that, in the Star Wars universe, traveling through hyperspace requires careful navigation to avoid stars, planets, asteroids, and other obstacles, and that since no long-distance journey can be made in a straight line, the "fastest" ship is the one that can plot the "most direct course", thereby traveling the least distance.

By the way, the explanation also gives one reference to a smuggled substance...</QUOTE>

I like the 'wok of genius'.

Off topic. 'May the farce be with you' reminds me of a sticker on a Ferrari, "May the horse be with you".
I was just watching a vlog of someone talking about lame resteraunt names and "WokStar" came up:biggrin:

Although, true story, in Columbus Ohio on the OSU Campus there is/was a "Cluck You Chicken".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanle89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back