Splitting TIF images

Darren Bartrup

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm putting this in the lounge as it's definitely not an Excel or Access question.

I have an 8 page TIF image (will eventually be 16000 8 page TIF images) scanned from a form that our software at work is reading.

Now the problem is that we're scanning these forms in as A3 images so we're getting front/back page together on a single image. This was all fine until our client told us they wanted the images back as they'd appear in booklet form - front cover, page 1, page 2, etc. on A4.

I've found various pieces of software that will split the TIF image into separate files with 1 page per file, but I also need to split the A3 image showing 2 pages into 2 A4 images.

Does anyone have any code or software that will take an A3 landscape image and split it down the middle to make 2 A4 portrait images - maybe appending the page number to the end of the file name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as Google returns lots of stuff that nearly does what I want but no quite (it'll split the TIFF into separate pages, but not the images).

Darren.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
irfanview can do batch cropping. that would at least allow you to cut up the pages. not sure about file naming options tho.

These guys have some pretty nifty .tiff tools. Not sure if they will do what you're looking for, though...

Dan

D@mn!

images

[url]http://www.tiff-tools.com
[/URL]

thanks for catching that!

Dan

Thanks for the pointers.
I'll have a look at irfanview and tiff-tools. I know my boss will want to do it the cheapest way, which will probably be me rescanning the files though :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back