Spin me around and point me in the right irection

Supertacks

I am a complete newbie with access. I have to put together a data entry app that does a few simple things.

Here is the background.

I work for a hockey team. I am collecting name, address, city, state, zip, phone, email and a few other pieces of info info from game attendies. I want to put together a simple data entry app that does the following:

-Checks to see if the entry is already is in the database.

-Captures the game date so that I can report on what dates the fan has attended. I plan on building a table that contains dates and opponents so that I can xreference a report on oponnent attendance trends I.E. Show me all folks who have attended more than three gmaes against opponenet X

-Would also like to perform some sort of address and email verification if this is possible. I have a zip code database so would like to autofill the town name.

Is this project something an access newbie with some programming experience can handle?

Thanks

Ken

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Hi,

I suspect this hasn't been answered due to the enormity of the question(s) you have posed.

It is relatively easy to put together a "simple data entry app" and should be something that you can handle given your experience. However, the three main question you posed are each quite big subjects on their own and the 3 questions together have probably scared off a number of potential helpers.

It may be better to break this down and address each bit on it's own. In the meantime, there is some background reading from one of my previous posts here that might get you started.

Lastly, to get you started, you need to spend some time making sure you get the correct database setup / design to avoid future problems. You may want to consider starting with a table of "fans" (including name, address, zip etc), "game events" (combined with the results and the total opposition attendance) as well as "fan_game_attendance" to help with the fan attendance you mentioned. This will involve a many-to-many relationship which you can see was discussed here.

Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freddocp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back