Speedometer Chart Creator

Smurfit-Stone

Hi, I just downloaded the Speedometer Chart Creator, and there was this VERY small user manual that doesn't really tell you how to use the software. Does anyone know where I can get a real user's manuial with step by step instructions and not just a decription. I've already bought the item...now I'd like to get pass the sales pitch and into really getting some use out of this....Thanks

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
It is remarkably simple to create a speedometer chart.

For each chart, you need to define these items:
1) The current pointer value. If your quality is at 94 today, enter 94 in column H.
2) Optionally, you can show where the pointer was yesterday. If you were at 92 yesterday, enter 92 in column I.
3) In columns E & F, enter the minimum and maximum values for the dial. Perhaps this is 80 to 100 or 90 to 100
4) You can custom design the colors around the perimeter of the dial. In the original conception, these were always red, yellow, and green, but thanks to customer suggestions, you can now define up to five color zones and use any color you wish. The limits for each color zone are defined in pairs of columns JK, LM, NO, PQ, and RS.

Enter your data as shown above and click the Update button to generate the dashboards. That's all there is to it.

More details on specifically setting up the color ranges are in the 7 page manual.

Bill Jelen

Thanks, after reading the manual I think I have a handle on the chart creator. I've played around with it a little and I think its awesome. Thanks for your reply. This is going to work great for me in my job. My supervisor is already impressed with what I've shown him....thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve T

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back