Speed Up VBA

VbaHell

Hello All

The code below looks in column "A" for a match "27009" and also "27003" it then copies these rows to sheet2 and then deletes the existing rows. Is there a way please to speed this up as there are thousands of records each day and at the moment this is slow

Sub Proforma()
Dim LR As Integer

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

LR = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

Dim c As Range

For i = LR To 2 Step -1
Select Case Cells(i, 1)
Case "27009", "27003"
Cells(i, 1).EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Output").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Cells(i, 1).EntireRow.Delete
End Select
Next

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Hello All

The code below looks in column "A" for a match "27009" and also "27003" it then copies these rows to sheet2 and then deletes the existing rows. Is there a way please to speed this up as there are thousands of records each day and at the moment this is slow

End Sub
You might try this code, which is probably fast enough for you. Note though that this one only transfers values and not formats.

If you want formats to be transferred as well as values at about the same speed, please post back.
Code:
Sub delrowsfaster()
Dim n&, m&, k&, l&
Dim a(), b()
Dim i&, j&
n = Cells.Find("*", searchorder:=xlByRows, searchdirection:=xlPrevious).Row
m = Cells.Find("*", searchorder:=xlByColumns, searchdirection:=xlPrevious).Column
a = Range("A1").Resize(n, m)
ReDim b(1 To n, 1 To m), c(1 To n, 1 To m)
For i = 2 To n
    If a(i, 1) = "27009" Or a(i, 1) = "27003" Then
        k = k + 1
        For j = 1 To m
            b(k, j) = a(i, j)
        Next j
    Else
        l = l + 1
        For j = 1 To m
            c(l, j) = a(i, j)
        Next j
    End If
Next i
Range("A2").Resize(n, m).ClearContents
Range("A2").Resize(k + 1, m) = c
With Sheets("output")
    .Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(3).Offset(1).Resize(l, m) = b
End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
My attempt

<font face=Courier New><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> CopyAndDelete()<br>  Application.ScreenUpdating = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN><br>  <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> ActiveSheet.UsedRange<br>    .AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=27003", Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:="=27009"<br>    .Offset(1).Copy Destination:=Sheets("Output").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)<br>    .Offset(1).ClearContents<br>    .AutoFilter<br>    .Sort Key1:=Range("A2"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes, OrderCustom:=1, _<br>      MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, DataOption1:=xlSortNormal<br>  <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br>  Application.ScreenUpdating = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>

Upvote 0
Hi peter

Your code is bugging out on this line [.Offset(1).Copy Destination:=Sheets("Output").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)]

Run Time Error 1004 (Application defined or Object defined error)

Any ideas please

Upvote 0
Hi peter

Your code is bugging out on this line [.Offset(1).Copy Destination:=Sheets("Output").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)]

Run Time Error 1004 (Application defined or Object defined error)

Any ideas please
I have not been able to reproduce that problem so I am not sure what is causing it for you. You could try adding the blue bits in my code.
Rich (BB code):
Sub CopyAndDelete()
  With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
    .AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=27003", Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:="=27009"
    .Offset(1).Resize(.Rows.Count - 1).Copy Destination:=Sheets("Output").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
    .Offset(1).Resize(.Rows.Count - 1).ClearContents
    .AutoFilter
    .Sort Key1:=Cells(2, .Columns.Count + 1), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes, OrderCustom:=1, _
      MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
  End With
End Sub

One thing I forgot to mention is that my code re-orders the remaining original data and that may not suit you.

The other thing I noticed, not sure why it is happening or if I've mis-read the question, is that I tested mirabeau's code on 100,000 rows and 2 columns of data (no blanks) and the original sheet ended up with 6,645 rows and the Output sheet ended up with 19,930 rows so I don't know what happened to the other 73,425 rows. :confused:

Upvote 0
Hi Peter

I deleted the sort function and it now works
Really quick and such a small piece of code
Thanks a lot

Sub CopyAndDelete()
With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=27003", Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:="=27009"
.Offset(1).Resize(.Rows.Count - 1).Copy Destination:=Sheets("Output").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
.Offset(1).Resize(.Rows.Count - 1).ClearContents
.AutoFilter

End With
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PattiButche

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back