Sorting an Access Report

bigfish311

I am new to access and was just messing around with it. I was proud of myself for getting as far as I did with my lack of experience in creating access reports. My wall that I hit was that I wanted to only list activities that were not a 100% complete, so what do I have to do to just get the activities that are less then 100% to show up in the report. Thanks :oops:

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
If you're new to it (like I was recently!) you've probably used the report wizard and based your report off either a table or a query.

If you've chosen a query (and probably also used the QBE wizard to build the query) - this is an easy place to add the criteria.

When looking at the query, you'll see a row labeled 'Criteria' below the one that says 'Show' with a checkbox. You can specify either like or where criteria based on the fields you're looking at.

Assuming that your 100% complete criteria means that the values 1-100 (whole numbers) are in a given field, you'd put this into the box below the field you wish to compare to.

<100

In the query itself (SQL view if you go looking) it becomes:

SELECT tbl.fld1, tbl.fld2, tbl.fld3
FROM tbl
WHERE (tbl.fld1 < 100);

Alternatively, you can set the reports recordsource to a SQL string (the above SELECT) command.

Mike

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NghiVmexgdhh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back