baseball17bucks

Hello - In my example below, I'm trying to use an array formula to filter the Top 5 "Accounts" in column AA based on the "Sumif Labor Cost" in column AB. I want to ultimately do this with a single array formula in cell AA13. I've provided the rank in column AC to show the top 5 items that I want to be left with.

Currently, I'm using this sort/unique/filter formula in column AA. You can see that I'm filtering this already based on the "CA Level" and "Resource Element of Cost" fields:
Excel Formula:
=SORT(UNIQUE(FILTER(tbl_Data[CA],(tbl_Data[CA Level]=3)*(tbl_Data[Resource.Element of Cost]="Labor"))))

My underlying data set has multiple line items for each Account, so I need to filter the Accounts based on the Total Labor Cost for all line items for that account.

The Sumif Labor Cost column has the following array formula for reference.
Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS(tbl_Data[Value],tbl_Data[Resource.Element of Cost],"Labor",tbl_Data[CA],AA13#)

What filter condition can I apply to the array formula for "Account" in cell AA13 so that my array only returns the Top 5 Accounts based on total Labor Cost?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

JF

1719370395951.png

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
I am not sure what you would like to filter and whether you have 365 but generally speaking it could be something like (adjust you ranges etc.):

Excel Formula:
=TAKE(SORT(AB13:AB39,,-1),5)

Upvote 0
I am not sure what you would like to filter and whether you have 365 but generally speaking it could be something like (adjust you ranges etc.):

Excel Formula:
=TAKE(SORT(AB13:AB39,,-1),5)
Thank you but I think my post explains what I'm trying to do. I want to add another filter condition to the array formula in cell AA13 that will only return the Top 5 Accounts based on the Sumif Labor Cost values which are shown for reference in Column AB.

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
Thanks for that. (y)
How about
Excel Formula:
=let(u,UNIQUE(FILTER(tbl_Data[CA],(tbl_Data[CA Level]=3)*(tbl_Data[Resource.Element of Cost]="Labor"))),s,SUMIFS(tbl_Data[Value],tbl_Data[Resource.Element of Cost],"Labor",tbl_Data[CA],u),TAKE(SORT(VSTACK(u,s),2,1),5))

Upvote 0
Thanks for the attempt - for some reason the following term in your equation is evaluating to "0". Any idea why?

SUMIFS(tbl_Data[Value],tbl_Data[Resource.Element of Cost],"Labor",tbl_Data[CA],u)

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
That should give exactly the same result as your formula, because that's what it is.

Can you post some sample data.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
That should give exactly the same result as your formula, because that's what it is.

Can you post some sample data.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.
Is there any other way to send you draft data? I can't seem to get XL2BB to install on my machine. It's a work computer so maybe there's a policy preventing the install.

Upvote 0
You can copy/paste the data, or you can upload to a share site such as OneDrive/GoogleDrive. Then mark for sharing & post the link to the thread.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back