Something Wrong

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Hmmm I see, my problem is then, there are 3 pieces of equipment (must be 3 only) and 4 tests both autonumbered.
So the test 4 does not match a piece of equipment nunbered 4 right?
Im just wondering how I can get round this because I must perform 4 or more tests. I have tried changing the number 4 to 3 in the tests numbers but I got a repeated data warning. Then it tells me if I want to allow repeated data I must not use the autonumbered primary key EquipmentId, that is the only one I think is suitable?

Charlie

Upvote 0
If you want many tests for each piece of equipment, then the relationship between equipment an tests needs to be one to many

Upvote 0
So would I remove the primary key from equipmentId in tests, then put in a new column and number that one and use that as primary key. Then continue to link EquipId to equipId in the relationships?

Charlie

Upvote 0
What I cant understand is the thing seems to work fine with no primary key in the tests table?
Does this mean I dont need a primary key there, as I say its working perfectly now.

Charlie

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bale626

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back