Small issue with clearing checkboxes

sn281

Hi all,

Thanks for reading.

I have what I think is a very easy issue (annoyingly I cannot seem to solve it :(). I have some code that works and resets all my checkboxes in my worksheet, and now I've got another worksheet that I would like to split out resetting different columns. This way I can reset Tuesday's checkboxes, without impacting Monday's for example (it's a kind of to-do list).

So I'll post the code that works for the whole sheet below, but if I wanted that code to reset the range of D3:D13 for example, how do I add that in?

I've tried for example: For Each Cbox In Worksheets("ToDo").Range("D3:D13").CheckBoxes
But it won't work :(

Thanks so much in advance.

(it's Form control rather than ActiveX if that helps)

My code:

Rich (BB code):
Sub Clear_Checks()

Dim Cbox As Excel.CheckBox

Sheets("ToDo").Select
For Each Cbox In ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes
        Cbox.Value = xlOff
Next Cbox

End Sub

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Does this work for you?

Code:
Sub Test()
    Dim Cbox As Excel.CheckBox
    For Each Cbox In Worksheets("ToDo").CheckBoxes
        With Cbox
            If Not Application.Intersect(.TopLeftCell, Worksheets("ToDo").Range("D3:D13")) Is Nothing Then
                .Value = xlOff
            End If
        End With
    Next Cbox
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I expect each check box to have a unique ID, so for doing a small selection of values you might need to address them individually, If Monday was 1 to 20 all could be done in that sequences with a loop

Upvote 0
Thanks for your responses. I've tried your code Andrew, but it seems to set them to True as opposed to False, so then I removed the "Not" from the IF statement. This then worked, however it did it for every cell not just within the range specified?

And I agree with you mole999, however the only issue is that if I add a checkbox to Monday after having made the sheet then it will have a massively different number so I can't just loop through adding 1 each time.

Unless can I write something that returns the name of the checkboxes in the range and then say reset them all to false?

Thanks a lot all.

Upvote 0
The code worked for me when I tested it. If the top left cell of the CheckBox is in the range D3:D13 it is unchecked (xlOff). Otherwise it remains as it was.

Upvote 0
Sorry Andrew, that's completely my bad. Your code works perfectly, thanks so so mcuh.

(I moved the column along one and completely forgot about it!).

Thanks so much!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekerinik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back