Slow email notifications

AlphaFrog

MrExcel MVP
Before the switch to vBulliten, I used to get email notifications within seconds of a reply. Now it takes several minutes at best. Often it takes hours. I think one recent notification took some 10 hours to receive.

I have my Outlook set up to check for email every 3 minutes, and I promptly receive emails from other sources. So I don't think it's an issue on my end.

Are others experiencing this? If yes, is it being looked into?

Are others experiencing this?
Yes

If yes, is it being looked into?
Yes, this has been discussed by Moderators/Admins. The particular problem has not been identified but there are two things to note
- Reports are that Tuesdays are worse than others
- To reduce load on the server, the notification emails are now only sent out in groups every ten minutes. So a response made at 2:31 should be notified at 2:40. However, with the issue you have experienced (& so have I) it sometimes takes much longer. :(

I'm tending to use the quick link to Subscribed Threads a bit more often than I used to.

Thanks Peter. It's good to know how it works.

- To reduce load on the server, the notification emails are now only sent out in groups every ten minutes. So a response made at 2:31 should be notified at 2:40.

And depending on how that timing syncs with when my emails are checked, it could be 13 minutes.

Well, it is Tuesday today - the email notifying me of your response here arrived 54 minutes after your post! :eek:

I have an extra 56kbps modem I'm willing to donate if you think it would help. :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fahad_ibnfurjan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back