Slicer Use Inquiry

Newbienew

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day Experts.

I just learned how to use the splicer and have a few questions. My first question is, are the selections always selected when choosing multi-selection? Clarity in my question: when I click multi-selection, it would seem I de-select options, which is confusing to me. Second question, is there a way to change the font and style of the options. Last question, are there any other things I can do with the splicer besides its main function, just curious if it can be used as a floating text box or something.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
First, a small point: it's called a slicer, not a splicer ;)

Multi-selection works like holding down the Ctrl key for you. If you click on an item that is already selected, it gets de-selected and vice versa.
You can change the format of the slicer using the styles on the Slicer tab (when the slicer is selected). If you want to change the font, you'll need to create your own style and modify it - I usually start by duplicating one of the existing ones.
I can't imagine why you'd want to try and use a slicer as a textbox when Excel already has textboxes?

Upvote 1
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddweller151

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back