BORUCH

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi
I have the below formula dax below
Excel Formula:
Total Sales$ Sold From -- to --FDS P1:=CALCULATE([total sales$$],DATESBETWEEN('Calendar'[Date],[Selected_FromP1COMPAREFROMDATE],[Selected_ToP1COMPARETODATE]))

i would like to have an option to select what date table i want, so i have two different date tables in my power pivot data model ,one is connected to my main sales table invoice date the other date table is connected to my main sales table order date
What would be the process of having a slicer to select what date table i want to use in this part of the formula
Excel Formula:
DATESBETWEEN('Calendar'[Date]

I'm going to assume it will involve some type of disconnected table I'm just not sure how to get it done any help is appreciated

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Datesbetween (and all time intelligence functions) require you to use the date column of a connected date table to work. The only thing I can conceive “may” work (I’m not sure) is to create both calendar tables with inactive relationships, add both versions of the formula as variable options in the measure and then have a disconnected table with a toggle to choose which gets used.

Pseudo code as follows

Var table1 = calculate([total],datesbetween(<use table 1>,,),userelationship(table1))
Var table1 = calculate([total],datesbetween(<use table 2>,,),userelationship(table2))
Var mySelection = max(disconnectedTable[selection])
Return
Switch(mySelection,
“Table1”,table1,
“Table2”,table2)

I’m not sure if the first to variables need to be double nested in 2 calculates or not.

Var table1 = calculate(calculate([total],datesbetween(<use table 1>,,)’,userelationship(table1))

Try the first. If it doesn’t work, try the second.

That’s my best guess.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back