Expiry

I've ordered a Skype S2 mobile phone, each, for me and my partner on a 6 month contract for £15 a month.

I've never used Skype before, does anyone here use it?

Is it reliable?

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
I've used it whilst on a laptop with headphones and couldn't fault it. Spent many hours using the video call functionality to chat to a friend. Very good quality and dont' think we ever dropped the calls. Have also spoken to her many times just with the voice part and that was equally as good.

I've not used a dedicated skype phone or tried skype to non-skype calling though i'm afraid.

HTH

Nick

I'm a great advocate of Skype (if you use the free Skype to Skype calls, of which more later).

I have used it off a pc with headphones and mike and that is fine 99% of the time. Also have a dedicated router (in the basement) plugged into my wireless router at home, which gives me a cordless skype phone at home. The model I use can also take a landline, so it doubles as a regular phone. Signal quality is very good up to the ground floor, then starts to drop a little as I wend my weary way upwards, but it is still not too bad.

My son and daughter in law use a mobile phone £15 per month (UK only I think), and with that sub they get Skype 24/7 on their mobile. Thus, with me being on line 24/7 with my wireless and them the same on their mobiles, there is never a moment when we cannot be in touch.

For Skype to landlines or mobiles, check out their rates (what they call SkypeOut). While cheaper than most telephony service providers, they are still quite pricey. For such calls, I use dedicated VOIP suppliers (VOIPcheap, VOIPwise, VOIPbuster - all sister companies from the same stable). Sound quality is as good as Skype, and they are much cheaper with a lot of free destinations.

Hope this helps.

I have to agree with litrelord. I've had the exact same experience with it. The exact same use & the exact same results.
(Hopefully with a different "her" though. . .) :huh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djjamesp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back