Skip values on a list...

EDUARDOELLOCO

Hello guys,

Imagine I have 3 tables: the first is named Releases, the second Shipping and the third Accounting.

Every time a product is released, a combobox (or list) on Shipping will add its ReleaseID to it. Then, that product is shipped and marked as so. Next time I open Shipping and it lists the ReleaseIDs, I don't want to see the already shipped ones listed.

The same with Accounting. Every time a product is shipped, a combobox (or list) on Accounting will add its ReleaseID to it. When the product is invoiced and I open Accounting, I don't want to see the already invoiced listed.

I started assuming that Releases, Shipping and Accounting were tables but some could be queries, I guess.

How can I achieve the above explained?

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
How about adding a column to identify when these events happen? Use an if statement to identify if a ReleaseID is present and then filter the column to blanks?

Upvote 0
I'm going to make a couple of assumptions here ... but this is what I did when I had to track orders and sales:

Start With 5 tables:

tbl_Products - your master list of products you sell. Each item has an ID field [ProdID] as well as name, source, price, etc ...
NOTE - If you're just tracking the status the orders (and not the items in them) you don't need this table

tbl_Statuses - your master list of statuses for an order/sale. I would name the main field [StatID] and use 'Received', 'Packed', 'Shipped', Invoiced', 'Closed' and anything else you need

tbl_Orders (or, for you, Releases) - your orders. Each record needs an ID field [OID], all the appropriate customer information and a true/false field for whether the order is still open or [Closed]?

tbl_OrderItems - each order gets a record for each item on it. Start with fields [OID], [ProdID] and [Quantity] and make sure you have a relationship so it can't contain an item that isn't in the master tbl_Products table.
NOTE - If you're just tracking the status the orders (and not the items in them) you don't need this table

tbl_OrderStatus – four fields here: [RecID] (autonumber field to give a unique ID to each record), [OID], [StatDate] and [StatID] - listing the date each order hits the different statuses.

Build a query that pulls the latest RecID for each open order:

qry_CurrentOrderStatus_subquery
SELECT tbl_OrderStatus.OID, MAX(tbl_OrderStatus.RecID) AS LastRec
FROM tbl_OrderStatus INNER JOIN tbl_Orders ON tbl_OrderStatus.OID = tbl_Orders.OID
WHERE tbl_Orders.Closed = False
GROUP BY tbl_OrderStatus.OID
ORDER BY tbl_OrderStatus.OID

Then build a query that uses the last query to pull the current status of each open order:

qry_CurrentOrderStatus
SELECT tbl_OrderStatus.OID, tbl_OrserStatus.StatID
FROM tbl_OrderStatus INNER JOIN qry_CurrentOrderStatus_subquery ON tbl_OrderStatus.OID = qry_CurrentOrderStatus_subquery.OID AND tbl_OrderStatus.RecID = qry_CurrentOrderStatus_subquery.LastRec
ORDER BY OID

Then use qry_CurrentOrderStatus as the source for your shipping and invoiced lists:
SELECT *
FROM qry_CurrentOrderStatus
WHERE (((qry_CurrentOrderStatus.StatID) <> ‘Invoiced’));

Hope this helps!

UC

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adapt375

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back